Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Balmain FW11

I was instantly obsessed upon seeing the FW11 collection for Balmain, an on/off favorite of mine. As a die hard fan of glam rock, I've been daydreaming about the onesies, metallic shades and fur ever since. It's a no-brainer that this season was inspired by Ziggy Stardust, from the deep necklines and glitter, to the patterns and exaggerated shoulder accents-all Bowie. However, I'm not so thrilled about the choice of footwear, as I prefer clunky platforms, but I rarely like Balmain's scrawny-heeled, strappy shoes. My main complaint is that season after season, it all looks so similar in silhouette, but still, I usually appreciate the detailing and use of leather. Whether I like everything or not, this season stayed true to the label's aesthetic and managed to grab my attention for more than 5 minutes, so I'd consider it a job well done for Balmain.





No comments:

Post a Comment