Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Style recap of the past year

To kick off my new blog, I thought to start with how my personal taste has progressed in the last twelve months. Black is always a mainstay in my wardrobe, but lately I'm feeling bits of obnoxious color to punch up the dark palette. Last year was a bit rough, which I think reflected in my clothing choice at times, but this time around, I'm feeling less bogged down and not-so-simple.


I relied on fur vests, leather pants, maxi skirts, leopard print and western boots for far too long. Not to say I don't still love incorporating all of them in my closet, but it became predictable after awhile. I'm not one to stay within the lines often, but for whatever reason, I kept restricting myself from anything that wasn't black, wispy or animal hyde (okay, usually faux). I need to let the kook back in, already. Sometimes, you forget that your favorite "things", be it color, pattern, style, whatever, don't necessarily need to be the only focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment